Improve Your Profile With Injection Lipolysis
Injection lipolysis chemically reduces the number of fat cells around the injection site. The chemical results in fat cell disruption and death. Currently, it is FDA-approved for treatment of the area underneath the chin to eliminate what is known as a “double chin.” A commonly known type of injection lipolysis is Kybella.
Boise Image Enhancement Centre providers have over 30 years of experience injecting safely lipolysis treatments. We were the first injectors in Idaho to offer Kybella, the FDA-approved product specifically formulated to melt unwanted fat under the chin.
Nonsurgical candidates and patients interested in a nonsurgical approach to reducing the fat beneath the chin may be interested in injection lipolysis.
- Kybella is a non-human and non-animal version of the naturally occurring deoxycholic acid (a molecule found in your gastrointestinal track working to metabolize fat). Kybella permanently destroys fat and tightens the skin surrounding the treatment area.
- Kybella was approved by the FDA in 2015 to destroy subcutaneous fat cells accumulating under the chin creating the appearance of a double chin.
- Kybella is known to lift or tighten the skin as healing occurs. This happens because after Kybella works to destroy fat cells, neocollagenesis (the process of making more collagen) begins. This offers the patient a more aesthetically-pleasing, tighter and more youthful appearance.
- Kybella works well to eliminate targeted areas of fat.
Kybella May Be Right For You If:
- You are bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by the fat under your chin
- You feel fat under your chin makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You eat well and exercise, but the fat under your chin does not go away
- You don’t want to have surgery
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is not a candidate for injection lipolysis?
Patients with loose skin or poor tone may not be suitable candidates for the procedure.
Does injection lipolysis require anesthesia?
This procedure can be done using a topical anesthesia, which is applies to the treatment area beneath the chin.
Recovering from injection lipolysis
Patients may experience swelling, bruising, pain, redness and feel areas of hardness that typically soften with time. Fat reduction is typically visible by eight weeks.
Most patients have at least two treatments spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart, which is the typical duration of swelling. Patients can have up to six treatments to the area under the chin. Your medical practitioner at Boise Image Enhancement Centre, Inc can develop a plan that best suits your individual anatomy.
During the period of swelling the area can look fuller than it did before treatment, but as the fat cells are disrupted and the inflammation subsides, most patients see results by 6 to 8 weeks after a treatment. Unless a patient were to gain weight, the results should be long-lasting.
Before & After Photos: