Bunny lines. Those tiny bunny nose wrinkles that show up when you wink, laugh, or scrunch your face. They sound cuter than “crow’s feet”, but having wrinkles anywhere on your face can be a nuisance. Luckily, there is a solution to fixing those stubborn bunny nose wrinkles without gimmicky pads, wrinkle masks, or creams. A simple bunny lines botox injection can prevent the creation of new nose wrinkles and help the existing lines fade.
Bunny Lines Botox Treatments: At a Glance
- Treatment: Botox for nose wrinkles
- Brand Names Used: Botox® Cosmetic, Xeomin®, Dysport®, Jeuveau®
- How It Works: Small amounts of botox are carefully injected on the sides of the nose to relax the muscles that create bunny wrinkles. Patients may choose to be numbed beforehand with lidocaine or topical numbing.
- Time: Less than 15 minutes (though appointments may last up to an hour with consultation and numbing)
- Cost: Varies, usually less than the national average cost for botox appointment ($397)
- Duration: Results take effect in 3-7 days and last 3-4 months
- Downtime: No downtime, may have some swelling on injection points
- Cautions: Avoid alcohol and NSAIDs for 1-2 weeks before your treatment
Bunny Lines Botox Treatment: Info
Bunny lines are caused by contracting the muscles on the side of the nose. Since every person’s facial anatomy is different, the appearance of nose wrinkles may vary drastically depending on genetics.
When these muscles are activated, it crinkles the skin on and around the nose. This creates those “bunny line” wrinkles–just like when a bunny turns up its nose.
Botox temporarily stops muscles from contracting. While there are many brand names of botox including Botox® Cosmetic, Xeomin®, Dysport®, and Jeuveau®, they all work in the same way by blocking signals that cause the muscles to contract. In this case, they block the muscles that create bunny lines.
When botox is injected into the muscles that cause the bunny lines, those muscles start to relax. Over the course of several days, the muscles that once caused the lines are completely relaxed. Because the muscles are now relaxed, no new nose wrinkles can be created, and any existing lines and fine creases may start to fade since they are not being made worse by new movement.
If the existing fine lines and wrinkles on the nose do not improve after botox, there are several steps things that can help, including clinical-grade skincare and skin resurfacing.
Bye-bye bunny lines 👋
Take our free quiz to find out the best way to get rid of your bunny nose wrinkles
Bunny Lines Botox: Cost, Time
The cost for a bunny lines botox treatment varies from provider to provider. Since the area around the nose is small, the procedure itself uses only a small amount of botox compared to most standard botox treatments, and takes less than 15 minutes.
We recommend an hour-long appointment so one of our nurse injectors can give you a complimentary medical aging assessment that takes into account your needs, including your own mathematical equation to beauty and any other concerns outside of your bunny lines.
Since the bunny nose botox treatment takes less botox than a standard botox appointment, is recommended to get your nose wrinkles taken care of with a standard botox procedure (such as the “11” lines, crow’s feet, or the forehead) to maximize your appointment time.
Related Read: Lip Flip: Botox Lip Flip Cost, Before and After, Info
Quiz: Bunny Lines Begone!